What to expect at closing
The closing, also called settlement, is the last step in buying and financing a home.
In most real estate transactions, two closings take place at the same time.
The buyer’s mortgage loan closes and the funds are disbursed. The seller pays off any mortgages and receives the sales proceeds.
The sale closes and the seller transfers the title. In essence, the seller transfers the real property ownership to the buyer according to the terms and conditions in a sales contract or escrow agreement.
Closing is typically held in an office with the attorneys for the buyer and seller, the real estate brokers or agents for both seller and buyer, and a closing agent, who usually works for the title insurance or escrow company. The attorneys and escrow agent transfer money and documents so that you can transfer the property deed and keys to the buyer, pay off all loans that you are still carrying on the house, and pay all of the parties involved in the sale and closing.
Common seller’s closing costs, after paying off your mortgage and and other loans on the property, include sales commission to the real estate agent, title insurance for the new owner and government transfer taxes, and any credit you’ve offered the buyer toward closing costs.
Licensed Real Estate Broker | 1-855-450-0442
Broker licensed in: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin. View state licenses.
In CA we do business as Real Brokerage Technologies, Inc. CalBRE #2022092; Address: 1420 Kettner Blvd. # 100, San Diego, CA 92101
Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. § 512 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that any content or material made available in connection with our website or services infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the content or material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices must be sent in writing by email to DMCAnotice@MLSGrid.com.
“The DMCA requires that your notice of alleged copyright infringement include the following information:
(1) description of the copyrighted work that is the subject of claimed infringement;
(2) description of the alleged infringing content and information sufficient to permit us to locate the content;
(3) contact information for you, including your address, telephone number and email address;
(4) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the content in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or by the operation of any law;
(5) a statement by you, signed under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed; and
(6) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Failure to include all of the above information may result in the delay of the processing of your complaint.
Consumer Alert: Real is committed to protecting consumers. In our continuous effort to protect all customers, we discovered a few cases of fraudulent and fake representations on Craigslist in various states for short term rentals using Real logo. We do not solicit payments for third parties on CL and urge you not to send any payments to publishers of such ads. Please always contact us to confirm agent affiliation.
Based on information from California Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. as of 12/13/2019 22:03 and/or other sources. All data, including all measurements and calculations of area, is obtained from various sources and has not been, and will not be, verified by broker or MLS. All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information. Data last updated: 12/13/2019 22:03